Assessment Criteria

Grade 2/1 3 4 6/5
Connection to Content Student makes no connections to programme areas Student makes few connections to programme areas Student makes some connections to programme areas Student makes exceptional connections to programme areas
Content Student does not seem to understand the topic very well. Students shows a good understanding of parts the topic Student shows a good understanding of the topic Student shows a full understanding of the topic
Originality Uses other people’s ideas, but does not give them credit Uses other people’s ideas (giving them credit), but there is little evidence of original thinking Product shows some original thought. Work shows new ideas and insights Product shows a large amount of original thought. Ideas are creative and inventive. You show that you can think outside the box
Quality of research (what I found out) Little information given / is difficult to understand 

Some information given /web articles only

Good information that answers most of the  question

Student does not design a form/ make an interview or experiment/reach out to experts

Excellent information that answers the question fully and in a logical order 

Student reaches out to experts using social media networking sites/ uses different research methods

Quality of presentation (how well I shared what I found out) Oral presentation not

presented clearly

Some of oral presentation articulated clearly Oral presentation mostly articulated clearly Oral presentation articulated clearly in my own words, with correct posture, clear speaking (not reading) and good volume
Visual work not presented/Blog Some of visual work/Blog Visual work mostly presented clearly/Blog Visual presentation gives information in my own words, is neat, legible, attractive with correct spelling/Blog
Multimedia work not presented clearly Some of multimedia work presented clearly Multimedia work mostly presented clearly Multimedia presentation given in my own words, easy to view with clear information, correct spelling and attractive layout

Enthusiasm/Audience Awareness Shows no enthusiasm about the topic

Fails to increase audience understanding of the topic

Shows little or mixed feelings about the topic

Raises audience understanding to some extent

Shows some enthusiastic feelings about the topic

Raises audience understanding and knowledge of some points

Demonstrates strong enthusiasm about the topic during entire presentation

Significantly increases audience understanding and knowledge of the topic

How I used ‘extras’ to make my presentation richer Sequence and layout used poorly / hasn’t added to the quality of the presentation Sequence and layout need improvement in some areas

Sequence and layout mostly used well

Sequence and layout (headings / sub headings / diagrams / props / pictures / labels / extras) add to the quality of the presentation

Resources I used No bibliography presented Bibliography shows few sources used/ Less than 5 Bibliography shows some sources have been used/At least 8 sources  Bibliography shows that information comes from a variety of sources/ All the sources have been cited in the APA citation style/At least 10 sources
WOW factor Nothing extra that could be called ‘wow’ Nothing extra that could be called ‘wow’ Just a little bit of a WOW factor  You’ve surprised us by adding something extra that makes us go ‘WOW!’